Sunday, February 12, 2012

The adventure continues

Blurry eyes for lack of sleep, jet lag and a whirlwind schedule of events. Had a welcome party with the District officers and got to give our first presentation. The Filipinos are so warm and welcoming that we mostly didn't have any stage fright. The team spoke eloquently about themselves and why they, individually wanted to come on this trip. Our hosts seemed pleased and joined us in singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas." Colleen, a computer wizard managed to get the words and music on the projection screen so all were able to sing along. Although I think our hosts already knew the song better than we did. Great fun!

Yesterday was a day of 'rest.' So we went out on wave runners. Water was a bit rough, maybe 2 to 3 foot swells. Just another day in the Gulf. A new experience for me so I was a passenger while Tiffanie drove. I had no idea she had a mischievous streak. After pounding around for awhile, she seemed to decide it was time for me to get off. Which I did, rather gracefully, I thought, but the laughter from the other vehicles suggested that wasn't the case. Graceful or not, I was still in the water. Warm, but still in the water. Didn't really matter much since the splashing had pretty much soaked everyone anyway. There is a certain pleasure that comes from imagining revenge.

Tonight is our first formal presentation with the powerpoint. Colleen, again, did a nice job. No surprise. Hard to believe but I am a bit concerned that I will talk too long. Just the sort of things I warned students about. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment