Saturday, February 25, 2012

Last days in Gen San

We were so sad to leave Gen San.  We all had stayed with our families for about a week, so we have really bonded.  We spent an entire day at the scuba diving resort of father and son Rotarians Don and Paul.  Paul took us on the boat, snorkeling, and cruising on the hobie cat (small sail boat).  I don't have the pics because they are on Tiffanie's waterproof camera, I will try and post them!  

We visited Notre Dame University of Marbel, nicknamed Green University.  In one year, they have banned non recyclables and styrofoam and have changed their energy consumption, and many many other things. Gives us hope back home to make some changes.  Jim and I also had lunch at the Kalsagni Golf Course, owned by Dole, very delicious!  

We also had a big party our last night with all the clubs from the area, I think 9 clubs.  It was really fun and we got to dress up.  Some clubs dressed in T'boli, native tribe clothing, and we dressed in traditional muslim clothing.  It was fun!  Here are some pictures.


"Green University" campus

Biodegradable vs. non-biodegradable trash

Study area

Caye Mariel (left) my hosts daughter, me and her cousin Joy Joy at their school

Jim and Gino (my host) at the golf course.  Quite the height difference!

Enjoying the day at the golf course

Check out Mt. Matutum in the back

Melody and Rae at the house

Rae's host family all dressed up

In front of the house with some smelly durian

Sashimi!!


Traditional dance, the Banboo Dance, and Colleen giving it a try!

RC Tuna Port

The Polomolok group!

Pinky, Tiffanie, Gino, and Colleen

Russel, Paul, Rae, and Ian enjoying the night.  I had to get out of that muslim dress.  I feel for you ladies, I was soooooo hot!

Dancing!

Colleen learning some moves!

Such a great night, thank you RC's of Gen San, Marbel, and Polomolok!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment